Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Christina Hendricks Caesar Salad


Mad Men's Christina Hendricks is cooking up some classics with Rachael in the kitchen!
Ingredients
    * Two heads of Black Tuscan Kale (I always make a lot since it's so delicious)
    * These are approximates as I just eyeball it but here goes:
    * 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
    * 1 1/2 tsp. anchovy paste
    * 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
    * 3 cloves garlic minced
    * 1 egg and one yolk boiled for 45 seconds
    * Dash of Worcestershire sauce
    * Ground pepper to taste

Preparation
Now, normally, I would slowly whisk in Olive oil into this dressing, but I am sort of notorious for always forgetting a main ingredient and I discovered that this is rich and thick enough that you don't actually need it if you want to cut back on some fat. But, olive oil never killed anyone if you want to go for full indulgence!

You can top this with a little more parmesan, and some home made garlic croutons.