Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Dark Chocolate

Marked by the exchange of heart-warming gifts and gestures of affections, Christmas is a well-loved and much-anticipated date on our calender of events. And naturally year-end festive shopping seems to be a part and parcel of this coming Christmas. For me, instead of going to huge traffic-clogging shopping centres for unconsious, life-wrecking constant buying sprees and a retail frenzy, I like to canvass online stores and spot my comfort-spending gift. I think this is the best defence to stop the vicious cycle for being an emotional and compulsive shoppers that leaves you looking like a bag lady. Through online purchase, I tend to be very cautious, compare the price wisely and purchase once there's a seasonal sales.

Cafe Britt Christmas Chocolate Gift

I finally narrowed down my Christmas gift to a few choices, among others is gourmet chocolate from Cafe Britt, Cocoa lover gift boxicon and  Gourmet chocolate sampler.icon As far as chocoholics, myself included, are concerned, there's simply no reason to refuse chocolates. I can still remember receiving chocolate gift from friends during Christmas and tucking into chocolates during my teens time when there wasn�t just enough pocket money to lavish myself with decent gourmet items. Though chocolate was rationed since it was associated with obesity, tooth decay, among others, not many aware of health benefits of dark chocolate for keeping your heart and cardiovascular system running well. Dark chocolate contains a large number of antioxidants which protect the body from aging caused by free radicals, which can cause damage that leads to heart disease. Studies have shown that consuming a small bar of dark chocolate everyday can reduce blood pressure in individuals with high blood pressure. Besides, dark chocolate has also been shown to reduce LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol) by up to 10 percent. Therein, I think it would be a pleasure to delight families and friends with some decadent health food as a gift during this coming Christmas, especially for those with sweet tooth.

Below were the photos captured almost a year ago. We observed a glitzy Christmas in Penang island (also known as "pearl of orient") last year. Festive decorations were put up at Queensbay shopping mall where we had a great time there.

Christmas 2008

Check Recipe Index for more recipes
Go Back To My Homepage