- 1 pound fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 3 turns of the pan
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 (6-ounce) cans Italian tuna in water or oil, drained
- 1/2 cup tender sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced, available in small pouches in produce department
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, a couple of turns of the pan
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, a couple of turns of the pan
- Black pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, a couple of handfuls
- Couple handfuls grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 cup fresh basil, about 20 leaves, shredded
Place pasta water on to boil. Salt water then add pasta and cook to al dente.
While pasta cooks, heat a deep skillet over medium heat with extra-virgin olive oil. Saute garlic and onions until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Add tuna and sun-dried tomatoes and stir to heat through, another 1 to 2 minutes. Add wine and cook it down a minute then add cream and season sauce with salt and pepper. Toss hot pasta and peas with sauce and cheese. Serve on dinner plates and top with shredded basil.